Call for applications is now open!
We are seeking for enthusiastic researchers that want to work on highly interdisciplinary topics at the intersection of classical robotics (planning & control), robotic multi-sensorial perception, and machine learning methods.
Our research seeks to identify structure in robotic systems, the geometry of the perceived environment, and task specifications and use it for learning to solve complex long-horizon tasks with mobile manipulation robots in the non-stationary, ever-changing real world.
WE HAVE MULTIPLE OPEN POSITIONS for Ph.D/PostDoc in the following topics:
- Robot Learning of Mobile Manipulation (e.g., whole-body planning and control, robustness, articulated object manipulation);
- Neural Representation Learning for Scene-Object Affordances and Robotic Action Planning ;
- Intuitive, human-guided learning of long-horizon tasks;
- Graph-based hierarchical learning for task and motion planning;
- Safe learning, blending, and sequencing of robot policies;
- Perceptive generative models for (mobile) manipulation.
Starting dates range depending on the topic (immediately till beginning of 2024).
The Technische Universität Darmstadt intends to increase the number of female employees and encourages female candidates to apply. In case of equal qualifications applicants with a degree of disability of at least 50 or equal will be given preference. Wages and salaries are according to the collective agreements on salary scales, which apply to the Technische Universität Darmstadt (TV-TU Darmstadt). Part-time employment is generally possible.
We are actively looking for collaborators, while positions are available. Indicate in your application the topic you are interested in!